In order to obtain high quality precision castings of various shapes and specifications, aluminum alloys used for casting generally have the following characteristics.
(1) good fluidity with narrow slot in filling slot.
(2) there is a melting point lower than that of ordinary metals, but it can meet most of the requirements.
(3) thermal conductivity is good, the heat of molten aluminum can be transferred to the mold quickly, and the casting cycle is short.
(4) hydrogen and other harmful gases in melts can be effectively controlled through treatment.
(5) when aluminum alloy is cast, there is no tendency of hot brittle cracking and tear.
(6) good chemical stability and strong corrosion resistance.
(7) It is not easy to produce surface defects, and the surface of castings has good smoothness and gloss, and is easy to be treated.
(8) Casting aluminium alloys have good processability and can be produced by die casting, hard casting, raw sand and dry sand casting, investment casting plaster casting, vacuum casting, low pressure and high pressure casting, squeeze casting, semi-solid casting, centrifugal casting and other methods to produce different uses, different specifications, different properties. All kinds of castings.